Scott Jones is the pastor of The Well in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia. Scott shares about the college of preachers at the Well, a team that participates together in developing their sermons each week. He also describes how his experiences with intensive research, self-awareness through the enneagram, and ADHD shape his sermon preparation.
Resources and links mentioned:
Tim Keller Preaching Course
Howard Stern interviews Jerry Seinfeld
PZ’s Podcast (iTunes)
Scott serves as the Lead Pastor at The Well, a missional community in suburban Philadelphia. He has an M.Div from Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, is a PhD candidate at Princeton Theological Seminary, and teaches Philosophy and Theology at Cairn University. He used to be a karaoke DJ, and dropped out of World of Warcraft at level 64, but somehow still believes his best days are ahead of him.
- Calvin’s Commentaries | by John Calvin
- Church Dogmatics | by Karl Barth
- Clinical Theology | by Frank Lake
- Grace in Practice | by Paul Zahl
- Preaching to a Post-Everything World | by Zach Eswine
- Religious Affections | by Jonathan Edwards
- The Ancient Christian Commentary
- The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective | by Richard Rohr