Stephen Witmer has pastored Pepperell Christian Fellowship for 7 years. Of all the interviews so far, I believe he’s the first to say he jumps right back in to do some preliminary work on Sunday afternoon while his mind is still racing from that morning’s sermon. He also offers us some helpful insight on preaching from the fictional John Ames.
Stephen Witmer (PhD, University of Cambridge) is the pastor of Pepperell Christian Fellowship in Pepperell, Massachusetts and teaches New Testament at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He is the author of Eternity Changes Everything: How to live now in the light of your future (Good Book Company, 2014), the forthcoming volume on Revelation in Crossway’s Knowing the Bible series, and has written for Themelios, Reformation 21, Bible Study Magazine, Desiring God, and the Gospel Coalition website.
- A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (BDAG)
- Baker Exegetical Commentary Series
- Between Two Worlds | by John Stott
- Gilead | by Marilynne Robinson
- Preaching and Preachers | by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- The Supremacy of God in Preaching | by John Piper
- Zondervan Exegetical Commentary Series